Monday, May 9, 2011

Girls! Go To Bed!

After all the mothers day festivities, which included me getting to fix lunch, put babies to bed and clean up after everyone, I ate too much (see my other blog---I am an Occasiotarian---find it from my blogger profile) and felt crummy. I went to bed at the same time my kid-lets did. All 4 times. You see, no matter how much they are reminded about the "go to bed,stay in bed, close your eyes and go to sleep" rule, they never do it. Unless they're under some kind of superficial threat. No, make that yelling at and herding butterflies. Now make that both.
the straw that made the herd fall down was them yelling at each other about a story and so&so wasn't telling it right. I had to march myself out of bed and go up and threaten them with something, I forget what, and tell them if they don't stop now, then_____________. I dont' remember, but it worked. It only took 80 minutes. After they were told to brush their teeth and pick up everything off the floor and go back to bed, be quiet and go back to bed. No.1, you have school tomorrow. GO TO BED AND STAY THERE!
If any of you have any other ideas, let me know. Mine are fresh up.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you what's been working for my kids, most of the time, give me a call. Andrea

    ReplyDelete