Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crafty? Me?

Afraid not. The craftiest I have been lately was yesterday. I moved my scrap-booking paper and things from the garage to the attic. Let me emphasize that I do not use my scrap-booking paper for its intended purpose, at all, if ever. My children play with it and we do silly crafts, like ripping pictures.
The craft, I mean goal, now is to get the garage cleaned out of all residual boxes before my birthday in July. I mean, if it's like walking a tiny ditch to get to the van, then it must be cleaned. Right? I owe tribute to my mother for that. We had just that. A narrow ditch from the kitchen door around the front of the vehicle to the drivers door, and any other door for that matter. I'm only sorry that I had no pictures of the before. I called my mother to beg for her help. She could have her own organization helpline and make millions off it. I swear, that woman could pack a moving van that was already full! They, my mom and dad, came over on a Saturday afternoon in December to help. And to have birthday cake for the middlemost sister. My mom and I spent the better half of 3 hours moving boxes around and repacking boxes and stacking them. What a difference! Instead of a space barely big enough to park our van, (even my mother-in-law helped out while she was here when Baby M was born. She made the wall of boxes to match the great wall of china, with no order though. just space to park the van. When we moved in, Hubby put ALL of the boxes in the garage in no order at all. Just to get them out), We now have lined the wall of the garage with only one layer of boxes neatly stacked around the perimeter.
I should have done it when it was colder, so I wouldn't have to look especially hard for critters. I don't want critters in my house. I don't like them and they don't like me, but things are okay. I have probably 3 hours worth of work to do to get things put away, then It's gotta get swept out. (Having to go to work makes craft projects like this kinda difficult).
Oh well, I'll have fun, right.?

4 comments:

  1. That is my favorite kind of craft! You will feel so good when you are done. I sent two HUGE boxes of trash with Curtis to work today and have the entire back of my suburban crammed with DI stuff and another pile downstairs. Where does all this come from? I totally de-junked when we moved 2 years ago. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must of found ours when we got rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg and I just get rid of half our stuff every time we move, my house may still be a mess but not from too much stuff, if I get out that way before July, I'll help you purge if you want, I LOVE getting rid of old stuff and creating a space you actually like to be in.

    ReplyDelete